Effective as of August 28, 2020
DVC Solutions, Inc.,
- 420 W Huron St., Suite 100, Chicago, IL 60654, United States
- Skolgatan 8, 302 32 Halmstad, Sweden
- Jovana Dučića 25, 78 000 Banja Luka, Republic of Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- all individuals who access our website at https://www.dvcsolutions.com (“Website”),
- send us inquiries via the Website,
- engage our services (“Services”) and become our client (“Client”),
- participate in our recruitment activities (“Candidates”).
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
2.1. Personal Data We Collect from You
Depending on how you use our Website or the Services, the information we may collect from you, include:
A. Personal Data You Share with us Voluntarily
- the information you choose to share with us in your inquiry via our contact form, or otherwise,
- the information you choose to share with us during the application process for the position at DVC Solutions.
If you contact us directly through our Contact page, or by sending an inquiry at email@example.com or any other email at the Website, or you share with us information over a telephone conversation or social networks, we may receive your name, email address, home or business address, job title, name of your employer, content of the messages or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide us.
If you contact us for employment, in the process of applying for any position in our company, you will be asked to send us your CV and Cover Letter. During the application process for a traineeship or a job with us, we will ask you for information regarding your professional life relevant to your future position. DVC Solutions uses your personal information to match your skills, experience, and education with the specific roles offered by us. This information is passed to the relevant hiring managers and persons involved in the recruitment process to decide whether to invite you for an interview. We will collect further information from you if you are invited to the interview (or equivalent) stage and onwards.
If you hire DVC Solutions, we may ask you to provide any other personal information not described above, which is necessary for us to provide the Services. It will generally be evident to you what personal information we collect and for which purpose. For example, we will collect contact information (postal address, email address, and telephone number(s)), and identification information. In all other cases, in which the purpose for collecting personal information is not obvious, it will be made clear to you at the point that you are asked to provide your personal information.
B. Personal Data We Collect Automatically
When you visit our Website, we may collect certain personal information automatically from your device.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification number, browser type and broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location). We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
2.2. Personal Data We Collect About You from Third Parties
Sometimes, we may obtain your personal data without you giving us such data directly. If you are a Candidate for a position at DVC Solutions, we may obtain information about you:
- From recruitment agencies – (e.g. when a recruitment agency contacts us to identify you as a potential candidate);
- Through publicly available sources online – (e.g. on your current employer’s website, or on a professional networking site like LinkedIn); and
- By reference or word of mouth – for example, through a referral from a former employee/employer or a referee you have identified.
If you are a Client, we will process identification and background information as part of our business acceptance, including anti-money laundering, conflict, reputation, and financial checks, and to fulfill any other legal or regulatory requirements to which we may be subject.
Summary of the Processing Activities
|Purpose of processing||Legal basis|
|– To respond to your inquiries sent via the Contact page or by sending an inquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org or any other email provided on the Website;|
– To respond and advise you regarding the rest of your requests addressed to us;
– To provide and improve services to you;
|Processing is necessary for the performance of the Agreement for the provision of legal services or entering into such Agreement with you.|
|– For the recruitment process to match your skills, experience, and education with the specific roles offered by us;||Processing is in our legitimate interest, given that processing of data is necessary and has minimal privacy impact on the applicant. If you wish to know more about how we have exercised a balancing test to apply legitimate interest, please contact us at email@example.com.|
|– For the provision of the Services to our Clients;||Processing is necessary for the performance of the Agreement for the provision of legal services.|
HOW DOES DVC SOLUTIONS KEEP MY PERSONAL DATA SECURE?
- We are highly committed to protect and respect your personal data. We do not share your personal data with the third parties, unless:
- We have your consent to do so,
- We may be legally required to share certain information, including your personal data, with e.g. public authorities or governmental bodies; in such case, we will not require your further consent to share your personal data in such circumstances,
- With other legal specialists or other experts to obtain foreign legal advice and provide you with full professional legal advice.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We take administrative, technical, organizational, and other measures to ensure the appropriate level of security of the personal data we process. Upon assessing whether a measure is adequate and which level of security is appropriate, we consider the nature of the personal data we are processing and the nature of the processing operations we perform, the risks to which you are exposed by our processing activities, the costs of the implementation of security measures and other relevant matters in the particular circumstances.
|Facebook, Inc||Analytics and Marketing||USA|
|Microsoft, Inc||Analytics and Marketing||USA|
We may transfer your personal data outside the United States, Sweden and Bosnia and Hercegovina. In these cases, we will transfer your personal data only:
- To the countries that offer an adequate level of protection of personal data in accordance with the law (for example, countries of the EEA);
- To the countries which do not belong to those specified under item 1. and, but only by applying the appropriate safeguard measure in accordance with the GDPR. For instance, if we are to transfer personal data to the recipient in the USA (which is likely to occur as explained in the previous Section), we will make sure that the recipient participates in the EU/US Privacy Shield Framework or we will ensure to have a Data Processing Agreement in place with the applicable standard data protection clauses.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We will keep your personal data only as long as we need in order to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or no longer then we have your permission to keep it. If you have submitted your application for a position together with your motivation letter or CV, we will erase your personal data within 3 months after your application has been received, unless you become one of our team members.
As a data subject whose personal information we hold, you have the following rights:
- right to be informed about collecting and using your personal data,
- right to access the personal data we hold about you,
- right to have your personal data rectified if any of them is incomplete or inaccurate,
- right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or dispose of any of the personal data that we have
- right to withdraw the consent when processing is based on the consent
- right to the restriction of processing of your personal data,
- right to object to using your personal data for a particular purpose,
- right to complain to the Information Commissioner, in the event we have not responded to within 30 days to your request to exercise these rights or you are unsatisfied with the response.
To exercise these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GET IN TOUCH
Should you wish to exercise any of the rights you have as a data subject, or you have a